Like leadership, followership skills can be taught. To that end I’ve developed a workshop to introduce critical success factors for followers. Through individual activities, small group work, case studies, and discussion, program participants will learn to:
- Debunk myths and embrace realities about the importance of followership for leadership;
- Identify followership styles;
- Determine how personality, work style, career goals, and organizational issues shape followership attitudes and behaviors;
- Identify key attributes of effective followers;
- Assess their own followership style;
- List daily activities to foster a mutually productive relationship with their supervisor (“manage their boss,” in other words); and
- Develop a personal improvement plan to cultivate followership skills.
For more information on bringing this workshop on followership, contact me at 415-517-5756 or mitchell (at) mitchellfriedman.com.